TRAXXAS SLEDGE 1/8 TRUGGY 4WD 6S BL Green
Performance / Durability / Quality
REDEFINING 1/8 SCALE OFF-ROAD
Just as T-Maxx®, Revo®, Slash, TRX-4®, X-Maxx,® and Maxx® shaped and defined their segments, Sledge redefines 1/8 scale off-road. Sledge delivers Traxxas engineered solutions to satisfy your customers’ desire for superior performance, vastly improved strength, and premium quality. Thousands of hours of engineering and testing have shaped a truck that is built to the highest standard and fully backed with Traxxas support.
ENGINEERED AND BUILT TO A HIGHER STANDARD
Despite their claims, other manufacturers’ 1/8 scale trucks are not built for bashing. Their trucks evolved slowly only after users exposed weaknesses in their outdated designs. Traxxas built Sledge the right way, spending thousands of test hours eliminating weaknesses before it went into production. The result is nothing short of perfection. Sledge stands alone as the first and only truck designed from the ground up to meet the demands of the 1/8 scale segment.
Sledge is purpose-built for Today’s customers with a chassis designed to dominate skate parks and backyard ramps. Our unique clipless body withstands high-speed rollovers and imperfect landings and still releases in just seconds. Sledge’s tight tolerances and over-engineered components provide racetruck precision, but with brute force strength.
- Ultra-rigid chassis and support structure
- Oversized drivetrain built specifically for 6s power
- Solid Engineering
- Premium components throughout
- Unmatched fit and finish
A DRIVING EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE
Sledge is the perfect vehicle for any 6s power customer wanting to experience the pinnacle of Traxxas quality and superior engineering. Traxxas ushers in a new era of 1/8 scale 6s trucks with legendary X-Maxx toughness and the speed and precision not found in this segment. Sledge is the ideal companion for existing X-Maxx owners looking for a little more speed or Maxx customers wanting even more power. Sledge is the perfect gateway vehicle for existing 1/8 scale truck owners who are tired of upgrading chassis’ and replacing broken parts.
SUPERIOR ENGINEERING: CHASSIS STRUCTURE
Sledge Design Priority #1: Engineer the strongest aluminum chassis in the 1/8 scale segment. The triangulated chassis structure integrates a deep-formed T6 aluminum plate with a multi-point truss system and the exclusive full-length aluminum T-Bar. Sledge is strongest where it matters most.
- Three rear support struts with four mounting points
- Front support strut with two mounting points.
- Deep-formed strengthening ribs on chassis.
- Perimeter flange encircles the main body of the chassis
- Multi-point truss system supports the chassis in critical areas
HIGHER STANDARD: ENGINEERED FOR 6s
Sledge is the only truck in this class to have a properly sized 6s driveline. Bigger gears. More steel. Basically bombproof. Compare the undersized drivelines in the other cars competitors, they are not suited to today’s demands and 6s power systems. The heavy-duty center diff is loaded with heavy fluid for punchy performance that others competitors can’t match. Their diffs are packed loose to overdrive the front tires and save the driveline.
- Heavy-duty steel center driveshafts with Greased and booted joints for cooler running and long life
- Heavy-duty steel outer driveshafts with Smooth-running CV joints in front
HIGHER STANDARD: CLIPLESS BODY MOUNTING
Sledge’s innovative clipless body system is a game changer designed for ease of use and to protect the integrity of the body. The body slips on smoothly and snaps in place in just seconds. It comes off when YOU release it. Patent-pending clipless solution supports and protects the entire body. Installs with a satisfying *snap*.
HIGHER STANDARD: VXL-6sTM POWER SYSTEM
Our most potent 6s power system yet. This VXL-6s features entirely new tuning parameters specifically for the 2000kV motor. More efficient components and electronics result in additional mid-range punch and pull you can see and feel. TRAXXAS DELIVERS more power under the curve!
HIGHER STANDARD: TQi™ RADIO SYSTEM
The fully-featured TQi radio system provides premium feel and control with built-in Traxxas Stability Management. Full compatibility with the free Traxxas Link App via the optional Wireless Module provides full-tuning and telemetry.
TQi™ Tech Spech:
- Adjust TSM assistance level in real-time
- Premium feel and ergonomics
- 30 model memory
- With TSM (traxxas stability management) you can Harness 6s power and speed with confidence and control
- Monitor real-time RPM, speed, and ESC temperature with optional wireless module #6511 sold separately
HIGHER STANDARD: HIGH-TORQUE 347 SERVO
Sledge is equipped with the New high-performance metal gear servo #2275 that has 50-80% more torque! No upgrade required! A common complaint with rapid failure of the weak steering servo is avoided in this way!
- 25Kg-cm at 6.0V
- 35Kg-cm at 7.4V
- Aluminum mid-case dissipates heat for long-lasting performance
- Heavy-duty steel gears
HIGHER STANDARD: ALUMINUM MOTOR CRADLE
Superior engineering resulted in a cast aluminum motor cradle with a fixed gear mesh. Zero flex. Zero motor movement. Zero spur/pinion crash. Period. An integrated fan mount allows for installation of an optional cooling fan if desired (Part #3467 Available separately). Full-contact support eliminates flex and dissipates heat through the chassis.
HIGHER STANDARD: SNAP-LOCK BATTERY HOLD-DOWN
Hook and loop battery hold down straps are messy, frustrating, and steal time away from your driving fun. Traxxas engineering solves this with our proven snap-lock solution that securely holds and protects batteries. Engineered to secure and protect your batteries! Snap-lock hold down opens and closes in seconds. Rigid tray provides full protection for battery packs.
HIGHER STANDARD: HEAVY-DUTY C-HUBS
Sledge uses an all-new C-hub front suspension instead of traditional pivot balls. While pivot balls are at home on a track and are perfect for a race-inspired truck like E-Revo, they are not the ideal solution for modern 1/8 scale usage. Other competitor’s cars design requires much more maintenance to take out the slop and keep the action free. Traxxas pivot ball suspension used in Revo and E-Revo features patented designs that reduce maintenance and maintain tolerances. Sledge has steel bushings to prevent wear for long-lasting performance. Heavy-duty, hardened steel suspension pins are secured with locknuts.
HIGHER STANDARD: FIXED CAMBER & TOE LINKS
Adjustable links have their place on track, but fixed camber and toe links are the ultimate solution for extreme durability. No breakage or needed adjustments with these beefy links. Double-shear connections won’t pop off or tear out.
- Single-piece links eliminate rod end separation
- Double Shear Connections
- Toe and camber settings will not change after hard landings
HIGHER STANDARD: TRACK-READY PERFORMANCE
Sledge already delivers track-worthy handling thanks to the superior design and ultra-low center of gravity. But for drivers wanting to hit the track with ultimate adjustability, genuine Traxxas accessories combine Traxxas-tough durability with precise tuning.
As option parts sold separately there will be available:
- TUBES adjustable camber and toe links provide tuning ability combined with ultimate durability thanks to oversized rod ends and high thread engagement
- A wide range of sway bar rates allow custom tuning for a variety of track conditions
HIGHER STANDARD: SLEDGEHAMMER® TIRES
Motocross-inspired premium Sledgehammer tires are equipped with high-grade foam inserts that resist bunching up or breaking down. Innovative new gluing technology radically improves the bond. This permits drivers to get the most value from their tires. Cut loose and wear the tires down to slicks without concern over rips, tears, and blown-out glue beads.
- Premium foam resists bunching and breakdown
- Thick carcass prevents tearing for longer life
- Improved bonding process provides real-world 6s durability
- Aggressive motocross-inspired tread design for traction on all surfaces
HIGHER STANDARD: SUPERIOR WATERPROOFING
There’s a difference between waterproof and water-resistant. Sledge continues the Traxxas legacy with patented best-in-class waterproofing of any 1/8 scale 6s truck.
HIGHER STANDARD: THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF TESTING
In addition to the design and engineering, Traxxas invests considerable time and resources into testing new products before they are released to our customers. Sledge has been subjected to literally thousands of hours of testing to prove out its durability and performance. We don’t leave it to our customers to find design flaws.
HIGHER STANDARD: FIT AND FINISH
Overall fit, finish, and attention to detail on Sledge are superb. Sledge is one tight machine! Parts are beautifully integrated, formed, and assembled with precisely maintained tolerances. Even the wires are properly tucked and managed for protection. The other guys? It’s not even a consideration.
- 3.2mm Precision-Formed Chassis
- T-BarTM Center Rail
- Heavy-Duty Steel Driveline Engineered for 6s
- High-Torque 347oz-in Metal Gear Servo
- Tuned VXL-6s Electronic Speed Control
- Velineon® 2000Kv Brushless Motor
- 6.7′′ Sledgehammer® Extreme Off-Road Tires
- Clipless Body Mounting
- Snap-Lock Battery Tray
- GT-Maxx Aluminum Shocks
- TQiTM 2.4GHz Radio System with TSM®
- Up to 70+mph on 6s
- Lenght – 604mm (Including Wing)
- Width – 459mm
- Center Ground Clearance – 50mm
- Height (Overall) – 214mm
- Weight – 5,77Kg
- Wheelbase – 384mm
- Front Shock Lenght – 128mm
- Rear Shock Lenght – 144mm
- Gear Pitch – 1.0 Dp
- Top-Speed – 112KmH +
- Battery Tray Dimensions – Two 3s 5000mAh LiPo, Or One 4s 6700mAh LiPo
- Speed Control Type – Velineon® VXL-6sTM (#3485)
- Voltage – 4s-6s Lipo
- Battery Connector – Traxxas ID
- Motor Type – Velineon® 2000kV Brushless
- Transmission – 4WD With Center Diff
- Radio System – 2-Channel, TQiTM 2.4GHz Transmitter With TSM® Receiver
- Skill Level – 4
- Tire Diameter – 170mm X 84mm